This past week I started classes at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba! The profes are great and there are so many students- 100,000, a huge difference compared to the 1600 at W&J. I am taking 4 clases de castellano y 1 business class de Comercio Exterior (Foreign Trade). One piece of advice is to get to class early for a seat in the front because it kind of sucks to be in a class of 150 students with no microphone! It’s a bit chistoso when my profe de comercio exterior makes eye contact with the whole 2 estadounidenses/Americans every time he mentions trade policy with the US. Overall, I love this university!
Friday I got my yellow fever vaccine for when we go to Iguazu for a trip. Iguazu is home to the tallest waterfall in the entire world and it is bordered by Argentina, Paraguay, y Brasil. Vaccines are only necessary because it’s basically the rainforest there lol Other destinations that I want to go to here are- Machu Pichu, San Juan, Carlos Paz, Salta, Juyjuy, Tierra de Fuego, Bariloche, y Mendoza. This country is amazing and I don’t have class para los viernes/Fri so traveling on the weekends works!
Also, I am starting my volunteer internship with Manos Abiertos- a local nonprofit that lends a hand to families living in poverty in Córdoba. It’s 3 hours por semana/week hasta el fin de julio. It works out well since Graciela, my host mom, has been volunteering for the same organization for years. Working with the community here was something that I knew I wanted to be part of before I came here and this opportunity means a lot.
Last night we went to the birthday party of one of Graciela’s grandsons Lucas. Cumple 26años and is receiving his architect degree next Tuesday- another fiesta!
Tonight, music concert in the park and then dancing!
Hasta luego!


No comments:
Post a Comment