Thursday, August 5, 2010
Final day in córdoba
So today was my last day in Córdoba. Last night was a surprise despendida con los chicos de la iglesia en alfonsima- un restaurante cerca de la feria artesanía. Fue lindisimo y me surpreso mucho porque estabamos ‘buscando’ un lugar para comer empanadas supuestamente. I thought sadly as I looked down the table of about 40 or so friends from church that this will be the last time that we are all together. But we have the bond of Christ and it’s like a brotherhood. I was comforted by the thought that we could have this dinner again in heaven. Today was my last day and I made my way to the center in plaza españa to meet up with Raquel and I got a caja feliz at mcdonald’s and she got her last grido ice cream cone con dos bolchas. funny how us Americans spent our last lunch in Cordoba at a mcdonald’s. After that I headed over to caro’s apartment to hang out with her, micaela, and alexis for the last time- These girls helped me through the tough times with the passing of granny. I love these girls so much! We drank some mate, exchanged some gifts, and took some fotos. I will see alexis tomorrow in the airport because we have the same flight to Santiago. After stopping there I walked to my bus stop and was a little annoyed to see a manefestacion/protest making its way down the street – which meant that my bus would be arriving very late so, I decided to walk home which kind of sucked. The 45 min walk reminded me of the time when I had to do it when the center was flooded by people after the argentine win in the mundial. That time I had been walking away from crowds cheering for victory. The people of argentina are very in touch with their government and making their voices heard. I will for sure miss the people and their ability to not lay down judgment on others. I’ll miss those darn colectivos that I waited for every single day. I’ll miss walking and getting to know my city better. I headed over to the Field’s house (the australian missionaries/my vecinos). We ate dinner and I met an Australian girl who’s going to work in an orphanage until December. Later on I hung out with the abua group from my business faculty at the university. A perfect day to say goodbye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment