Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I scheduled for fall classes last night online== bad idea since the wifi (pronounced wee-fee acá) no funiciona todo del tiempo. Scheduling at W&J kind of sucks because classes are first come first serve. So I was supposed to sign up at 10, got ready to and then realized I forgot to factor in the time difference here!! Sin embargo, todo bien, I got into everything...after taking a half hour of searching for a signal!


Skipped class at the uni tonight to go with some friends on a ghost tour of Córdoba. Perfect night- cold and rainy. The tour was free and is offered every Tuesday the 13th. Acá in córdoba Tuesday the 13th is like our Friday the 13th- so how apropos is a ghost tour! First, we went to a haunted mansion that is now a museum and our tour group was so big the local news crews followed us. Then we went to el centro, underground, and below one of the busiest streets of córdoba to visit a crypta/crypt. The stairs to the crypt look like stairs to a subway and usually go unnoticed by everyone. Below are these cave like rooms that are supposedly haunted by sacerdotes/priests and the jesuits-- people who founded Córdoba. Supposedly the lights shut off by themselves, there are walking shadows on the ceilings, apparitions of priests, and black cat sightings. Regardless of if you believe in ghosts it was still awesome to see because most córdobeses don't even know the crypt is there. The guide told us that calle Belgrano (a well known street) has ghosts of caballos/horses and people have claimed to hear galloping of horses por las calles por las noches. Great tour!

-random but I was talking with Graciela at dinner about Christmas and she told me that Santa Claus/Papá Noel is a pagan and is not celebrated here!!!!! Pobres niños!

Hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment