Monday, April 26, 2010

Just got back to córdoba last night from San Rafael, Mendoza! This pueblo is beautiful & is about 10 hrs south. We left Friday night from the center and went directly to white water river rafting the next morning in Cañón del Atuel (valle grande). I had never tried this before but it was actually pretty awesome and out of our whole group of 40-ma o meno- only one person fell out of the raft in the rapids. The river was surrounded by las sierras mountains on either side and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. Next we ate asado and then took off to the mountains. We had to climb up a mountain to do repelling and tirolesa/or zip lining across the range. It was so amazing and I want to find a place to do these things in the states when I get back. Sunday we toured una bodega/vineyard/winery where we tried the wines (merlot, cabernet, etc) They eat dried fruit with the wine there which is actually a good combination. the ride back took longer than expected but it was worth the trip! I still want to visit the center of the medoza province sometime in julio!

ciao ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment