Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ché!

We did some exploring this week in Córdoba, meaning we did more shopping. After class on Wednesday I went with some of the girls to a beauty salon very close to campus. Although the salon looked expensive it was very cheap! I’m not one to get my nails done but promised I would in a few weeks ;). Ladies- a full manicure, real nails painted French, costs about $7. Yesterday, the group of americanos and some students from Brasil went to las estancias: Estancia Caroya y Estancia Jesús María. In one word they were “beautiful.” Basically an estancia is a large building where many immigrant families lived together, kind of like a tiny little town in the campos/farmlands. Now they are converted to museums full of historical artifacts. I really recommend visiting at least one of them if you decide to travel to Córdoba. It gives you a nice break from the busy city life.

The weather here has been “loco” to say the least with rain and sunshine switching back and forth all day long. I made a friend at the local kiosko who I initially met when he criticized my spanish when asking for a phone card! Lol Our conversations are pretty hilarious because he cannot believe the things I tell him about the US.

Last night Rose (my roommate from Amsterdam) and I went on a search to find the perfect restaurant close to the apartment. The food is so good here, especially the bife/steak. Tonight a group of us are going to Arrabal (the tango restaurant) to see a show, then off to the boliche!

+ almost forgot a popular song on the radio now is "Niña Bonita" por Chino y Nacho


No comments:

Post a Comment